Enter Friends’ 9th Annual Photo Contest – Now with monetary prizes!
Attention photographers! Showcase your work while helping to communicate the beauty and value of the forest preserves in Cook County by entering Friends’ ninth annual photo contest. Professionals and amateurs alike are encouraged to submit images that feature landscapes, plants, wildlife, recreation, or education. Please send entries from a range of seasons, settings, and subjects. We are especially interested in shots of people and animals. Please take a look at previous years’ winners to avoid duplication. And for the first time, we will be offering monetary prizes to the 12 winners!
- Photos must be taken in a forest preserve in Cook County.
- Invasive species must not be prominent in the photo.
- Each photographer may enter a maximum of five photographs.
- By submitting entries photographers consent to allowing Friends to use their photos on our website, in publications, and other materials. Friends will not share photos with other entities unless permission is granted in advance by the photographer.
- All submissions must list the location where the photo was taken, descriptors such as the species photographed, and a title.
- Submit entries via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Photo Contest submissions are due by August 31, 2017.
First place receives $350.
Second Place, Third Place, Best Fauna, Best Flora, and Best People in the Preserves receive $100 each.
Six runners-up receive $25 each.