2012 Friends Photo Contest Winners
In it’s 4th year, Friends received more than 100 entries to the photo contest — nearly triple last year’s harvest! Thanks to all who took the time to contemplate and capture the best moments in the preserves.
Check out the winners from 2011, 2010 and 2009.
Come view the 2013 winners!
- Thursday, Oct. 10, 2013 @ Friends of the Forest Preserves office. 5:00 – 7:00 PM.
- Date TBD @ Franklin Framing, 13019 S. Western Ave., Blue Island, IL
Enter Friends’ 5th annual photo contest
Attention photographers! Showcase your work while helping to communicate the beauty and value of the Forest Preserves of Cook County by entering Friends’ fifth annual photo contest. Professionals and amateurs are encouraged to submit images of feature landscapes, flora, wildlife, recreation, or education. Please send entries from a range of seasons, settings, and subjects.
- Photos must be taken in a Cook County forest preserve.
- Invasive species must not be prominent in the photo.
- Each photographer may enter a maximum of five photographs.
- By submitting entries photographers consent to allowing Friends to use their photos on our website, in publications, and other materials. Friends will not share photos with other entities unless permission is granted in advance by the photographer.
- Submit entries via email to: email@example.com. If files are large, please email them individually.
- Photo Contest submissions are due by June 30, 2013 (the deadline has been extended, thank you to all of you that met the first deadline).