Friends works hard to advocate for the forest preserves, but we need you. There are lots of issues, and many ways to help:
- You can help protect the forest preserves of Cook County by becoming a member.
- Join one of the county’s many stewardship groups for a work day. Remove invasive species and reclaim land for native plants and animals.
- Advocate for your local preserve. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with your concerns, and we’ll see if we can help. We often know exactly whom to contact to get problems resolved.
- Sign up for our e-mail action alerts, and we’ll let you know when we need help with advocacy. (You’ll also get information about free tours and upcoming events – don’t worry, we keep e-mail to a minimum. We won’t share your e-mail address, and it’s easy to opt out.)
- Intern. We offer paid internships for both youth and adults.